Monday 22 April 2013

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...

Today I had my own grade for Maths. The other four days of the week my grade is spilt into three different cohorts for Number. So today we revisited time to the hour and half hour, while introducing for some quarter to and quarter past.





We began with reading a big book about time and created a brainstorm of what we know about time. We then went on to decorate our classroom clock; I had seen this idea on another teaching blog and I just had to try it myself. The students loved it, although they thought I was a little crazy when I started putting blu-tack on our classroom clock! We finished off the lesson with a game of Time BINGO and using the IWB as a 'pass' to get our lunch (and a sneaky bit of assessment for me).


Claire









1 comment: