Friday 31 May 2013

Five for Friday


What a week!! I didn't think I would make it to Friday, but I did so here I am with my Five for Friday with Kacey from Doodle Bugs.


Number One – Measuring
This week we have been exploring informal measurement using unifix blocks and icy pole sticks. The kids had a ball predicting and measuring their friends, I even got involved.


Number Two – Moon Pictures
The paint has dried on their artwork and their moons look amazing.


Number Three – Once in a Blue Moon
I received an email from my dad during the week showing off an amazing picture he took of the moon on his new camera (which linked perfectly into our topic). Lucky for me I get to have his old camera. 


Number Four – Interesting words
This week one of our learning focuses during Daily 5 was 'to look for and using interesting words in our reading and writing'. Our focus was based on ‘Expanding our Vocabulary’ from CAFE Literacy. While the students were reading they recorded any interesting words that they heard and then added five to our class list. 


Number Five – Toby
This week has been a crazy week and I have neglected my fur child – Toby. This weekend is dedicated to taking him on big walks and of course helping me write my school reports.


Happy report writing to all the Aussie Bloggers.

Claire 


No comments:

Post a Comment